Our spacious apartments in Oswego allow our residents to get more creative when planning their living quarters. With the extra space, why not create a dining area? If that’s the route you choose to take, here are a few tips to help you along your way.
- Get some graph paper and a tape measure in order to draw a plan to scale for your dining room. Make sure all doors, windows, and furniture are included. If you’re using one-quarter-inch graph paper, one square should represent six inches.
- Draw the expected paths of traffic flow from your dining area to any connecting rooms.
- List what might take place in this area and how many people could be in there at any time. This helps determine any extra furniture or storage that might be needed.
- Determine lighting requirements to decide on the right lighting fixtures.
- Consider traffic flow, room size, and number of people to determine the size and shape of your table.
- Plan for extra furniture based on remaining space.
- Follow your plan when you go shopping to make choosing furniture and light fixtures simple.
For more information on how you can become a resident at our apartments in Oswego, contact us.Back to all posts