We are sure you are well aware that it gets cold in Oswego in the winter. If you’re enjoying luxury apartment life in Oswego at Farmington Lakes Apartments, you want a warm, tasty dinner. Here are some quick and easy recipes for warm, hearty meals.
Easy Shepherd’s Pie
Ingredients – 6 servings instant mashed potatoes, 1 lb. ground beef or turkey or bison, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 small can peas (optional), 1 small can carrots (optional)
- Prepare 6 servings of instant mashed potatoes according to instructions on box.
- Mix half the cheese into the mashed potatoes.
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef, turkey, or bison.
- Drain well. Drain 2-3 times for beef, 1-2 times for turkey or bison.
- Place browned meat in the bottom of a pie pan or casserole dish.
- Cover with peas and/or carrots, if desired.
- Cover the meat (and optional vegetables) with the cheesy potatoes.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Microwave on high for five minutes. (If not in a hurry, bake at 350 for 20 minutes.)
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Ingredients – 1 lb. boneless pork cutlet, half jar spaghetti sauce, 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Chop pork cutlet into bite-size pieces.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Cover with spaghetti sauce.
- Mix meat and sauce.
- Cover with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for half an hour.
Best served with pasta and/or salad.
Ingredients – 1 yellow bell pepper (diced), 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) stewed tomatoes (not drained), 1 can (14.5 oz.) green beans (drained), 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth, 1 can (15 oz.) navy beans, rinsed and drained, ⅔ cup (2 oz.) dry macaroni or rotini, salt and black pepper, 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once it’s boiling, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
If you have a recipe you would like to share with your neighbors in Oswego, please contact us! We’d be happy to help.Back to all posts