You love your dog so much and only want what’s best for him. So it’s important to take the time to learn the proper way to care for your furry best friend now that winter is here.
- Often during your daily walks, your pet will end up with salt on the bottom of his paws. When this occurs, the salt needs to be wiped off as soon as possible to prevent the paw pads from becoming burned.
- For both protection from salt exposure and to keep Fido from slipping and sliding, invest in a set of doggie booties.
- During the winter months when the air is dryer, some breeds might suffer from dry eyes. Use artificial tears to combat eye irritation, and see your veterinarian if there is unusual discharge or if he begins to paw at his eyes.
- While dogs with nice thick coats can tolerate colder weather better than others, still keep a close eye on them and pay attention to any signs of discomfort.
- When it’s too cold to spend long periods of time outside, schedule more inside playtime to keep your pet active.
Searching for the best in pet-friendly apartments in Oswego? Contact us today, and schedule a tour for your and your four-legged friend.Back to all posts